Meliá Zanzibar is a luxury beach all inclusive resort situated on the north-east coast of the exotic island of Zanzibar, in Tanzania, also known as the “Spice Island”.
Meliá Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature.
The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience.
The hotel is around 45 minutes from the international airport of Zanzibar, and the capital city Stone Town, a Unesco World Heritage site.
UNIQUE FIVE STAR ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT ON THE NORTH-EAST COAST
- Meliá Zanzibar is a luxury beach resort situated on the north-east coast of the exotic island of Zanzibar, Tanzania, also known as the “Spice Island”
- Built on a 40 acre estate with a beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, the resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience
- The hotel is around 50 minutes from the international airport of Zanzibar and transfers can be arranged on request
A VARIETY OF CUISINES AT OUR 5 RESTAURANTS AND 4 BARS
- The All Inclusive service allows our guests to enjoy any of the restaurants and bars and create a fascinating gastronomic tour of different international cuisines
- From morning to night, at the pool or on the beach, guests can enjoy a snack, meal or dinner, or just a refreshing drink or cocktail
ACCOMMODATIONS RANGING FROM ROMANTIC ROOMS AND SUITES TO PRIVATE VILLAS WITH GARDEN AND POOL
- Meliá Zanzibar offers 124 rooms with five accommodation options ranging from private villas complete with their own beautiful gardens and breathtaking infinity pools, to romantic rooms decorated with ornate Zanzibari beds, large exquisite bathrooms, outdoor tropical rain shower with sky view and private terrace, most of them overlooking the Indian Ocean. New Romance Pavilions, ideal for couples or honeymooners, perched on the cliff side with ocean views and built with the local “Makuti” roof
NANTARA SPA WITH SIX PRIVATE TREATMENT ROOMS, OUTDOOR SWIMMING POOL WITH SUN-DECK, AND MODERN FITNESS ROOM WITH SAUNA
- Anantara comes from the Sanskrit meaning ‘without borders’ – a concept that perfectly reflects the fusion of cultures in the treatments as well as the meeting of magnificent surroundings with the serene setting at Meliá Zanzibar
- Explore a range of spa journeys and healing treatments inspired by the raw beauty of Savannah, the majesty of the mountains of this great continent, and the exquisite allure of the local flora and fauna
- Natural elements from Africa have been chosen for their purity and cultural authenticity. Discover exquisite new fragrances in oils and elixirs that will soothe all the five senses
- Through original and personalised treatment techniques, Anantara Spa provides balance to the skin, relaxation to the body and wellbeing to the mind
- The spa provides 6 private treatment rooms and an outdoor swimming pool with sun deck and modern fitness room with sauna (for men and women)
GABI BEACH CLUB ON SANDY WHITE BEACH LAPPED BY THE INDIAN OCEAN
- The powder white sand of the Meliá Zanzibar beach provides a dramatic natural entrance to the resort’s beautiful Gabi Beach Club, nestled quietly in the palm trees. Situated at the top of the property, this beautiful beach offers sun beds, umbrellas, beach towels, showers and Balinese beds, plus a restaurant and bar
- Feel the beat, have a drink, catch a groove, grill menu in an informal atmosphere, chill out music and much more to spend the perfect day at the beach
- About a kilometre away from the main lobby with golf cart shuttle service
- Bali Beds available to spend a perfect day on the beach (*). Included for Villa guests upon reservation.
MEETING FACILITIES INCLUDING 5 MEETING ROOMS WITH NATURAL LIGHT FOR UP TO 200 PEOPLE AND AN OPEN AIR AMPHITHEATRE WITH SPECTACULAR VIEWS OVER THE INDIAN OCEAN
- The resort offers well-appointed and exclusive meeting facilities equipped with the latest technology, together with an open-air amphitheatre with spectacular ocean views
- The main conference room has a total area of 250 m2, natural light, no pillars and can hold up to 200 people in theatre style
- The African House building has a total of 4 rooms; 2 rooms each with a total area of 65 m2, daylight and separate breakout rooms. These rooms can hold up to 60 people in theatre style. The other 2 rooms are of 20 m2 each with daylight and the capacity of up to 10 people in theatre style
- The amphitheatre is ideal for presentations, speeches or cocktails